Utility Rates

The city bills for the following service categories on a monthly basis:
  • Water Meter
  • Water Consumption
  • SRF Loan
  • Sewer
  • Waste Water
  • Sanitation
  • County Landfill
Please click on the link to the left for the current fee schedule for each service category. 

Utility rates are adjusted annually per City Ordinance. Below is a description of each of the fee categories. Charges for water are two fold:  

Water Meter: 

  • First, there is a basic fee depending upon the size or your water meter.  The larger the meter the higher the fee, the size of the meters range from 5/8-inch to 8-inch. The fee is based on the demand placed on the water system

Water Consumption: 

  • In addition to the water meter fee a Consumption Rate based on type of service per 1,000 gallons of water used is billed to each meter.

SRF Loan:

  • The State Revolving Fund (SRF) Loan fee is your payment to cover the interest free loan from the state to build the new water treatment plant on Chanslorway.  Everyone is paying for their portion of the costs to build the new water treatment plant.  This loan will be repaid over the next twenty-five years.


  • This fee is to operate and maintain the sanitary sewer collection system throughout the city.  Some of the operating expenses are electricity, replacement pumps, motors, and chemicals for the sewer lift stations.  Think of this as the transportation fee for the sewage to get to the Waste Water Treatment Plant.

Waste Water:

  • This fee is for processing all of the water and waste matter that goes down the drains.  The liquids and solids that pass through the sewer collection system are processed at the Waste Water Treatment Plant.  This fee covers pumping, treatment and plant operation costs.  As new development takes place in Blythe, developers pay a fee for expansion of the plant to handle the new demand they place on capacity.


  • This fee is for curbside or alley trash pickup.  This fee is based upon the size of your container and the frequency of pickups. The city has a contract with CR&R, Inc. to provide this service. 

County Landfill:

  • The Riverside County Waste Management Blythe Landfill has set fees for using their facility.  These fees are based upon a formula estimating the annual use per residence and are billed to CR&R, Inc. The city bills and collects this fee and then passes it on to CR&R, Inc. so that they can pay the County for dumping the trash at the landfill.